Rules & Policy
Inflatables can be reserved on a first come first serve basis.
Please don’t hesitate!
Mon through Fri we rent 5 inflatables per day
Sat and Sun we rent 10 inflatables per day
Loading, Transporting, and Unloading Inflatables are very heavy ranging from 200-400 lbs. Please remember it's the patron's responsibility to load and unload equipment for services rendered. A full size, open bed pickup truck, and a minimum of two people capable of lifting 150 lbs. each are required for pick-up and return of larger items.
Return Times Patrons that have reserved inflatables are allowed to pick it up when the facility opens. Frequently, the unit you are returning is reserved by the next patron. Please ensure the prompt return of the inflatable.
Cleaning Please return inflatables clean and in the same condition as when checked out, as other patrons that have reserved an inflatable are picking up the same unit you are returning. Silly string use is strictly prohibited and cannot be used in, on, or around any inflatable because it chemically bonds (like glue) to the inflatable's vinyl surface. Silly string removal could cost the renter hundreds of dollars.
Inflatables Must Not Get Wet If the unit is to be used in an area with automatic sprinklers, please ensure the system has been shut off for at least one full day prior to and on the day of your event. The setup area must be dry. Wait until dew has evaporated before setting up; take down and secure indoors before it settles on the unit. Inflatables cannot be left outdoors overnight; indoors only.
- Your military ID
- RV, boat, or trailer registration with your name as the owner
- Credit Card to put on file; auto-debit billing is a requirement for storage (View Pricing)
- The RV, boat, trailer, etc. that you are storing; the equipment has to be measured to ensure it is being placed in the appropriate size space
- Storage of joint ownership property is prohibited unless all joint owners are authorized patrons.
- Your vehicle can only be stored or removed by you or someone that is your Power of Attorney.
- Vehicle registration and insurance must remain active. The vehicle must remain legally operational within the state of California while in storage. The vehicle cannot be registered as non-operational.
- We do not store unregistered or registered "project type" RVs, buses, racing, off-road; only cars, trucks, or motorcycles.
- The vehicle must be maintained while in storage. Windows cannot be broken, tires cannot be flat, body-panels and engine hoods cannot be missing.
- All vehicles are to be stored sitting on their tires - You are not allowed to put your vehicle on blocks.
- Open cargo trailers cannot be stored with anything on top of them. Nothing can be stored on top or on the outside of enclosed cargo trailers, RVs, or boats.
- Nothing can be left on the ground within the space. Items left on the ground will be picked up and treated as lost & found. If unclaimed, they will be discarded after 14 days.
- We do not take responsibility for contacting patrons regarding lost & found items.
- Only one item allowed per space.
- We do not store semi-truck trailers.
- Storage agreement paperwork will be initiated/completed only when the vehicle is stored. Due to peak storage times allow 30 mins. to store your vehicle.
- If the vehicle is going to be covered, extra tie downs are necessary to make sure it stays on. We do not take responsibility for car covers.
- Vehicle maintenance is not allowed in the storage lots.
Additional Motorcycle Requirements
- Motorcycle storage containers are for motorcycles only. They are not personal storage units. Storage of hazardous materials or liquids is not permitted.
- More than one motorcycle may be stored. However, only one patron will be responsible for billing. Registration and insurance must be provided for all motorcycles. Each registered owner must be a valid patron.
- D-ring tie-downs are provided. We do not take responsibility for tying down motorcycles, you must provide your own straps.
- Motorcycle maintenance is not allowed in the storage lots.
Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) Storage Information:
- Storage Agreement paperwork will be initiated / completed ONLY when the vehicle is stored. We generally have unlimited POV (car, truck, van or motorcycle) storage availability. Due to peak storage times allow 30 minutes to store your vehicle. Paperwork usually takes 5-10 minutes.
- As a customer service, facility personnel disconnect the vehicle’s battery upon storage and reconnect, jump start and air up tires as necessary upon removal.
- If the vehicle is going to be covered with a car cover, extra rope is necessary to ensure effective protection. Please write your name & phone number on the front of the car cover. We will call if it’s found in the lot. All car covers found in the lot will be stored for 3 months, then disposed of.
Who can store my vehicle?There are only a few people that can store or remove your vehicle:
- Your spouse
- Anyone that is designated to be your Special Power of Attorney
- Vehicle's fuel tank should be stored full of stabilized fuel (follow product directions). Place an opened box of fabric softener sheets or moth balls in the engine compartment to deter rodent activity.
- Close all interior vents and windows and with your hands make sure all doors, hatches, etc. are locked.
- All vehicles are to be stored sitting on their tires - You are not allowed to put your vehicle up on blocks to be stored sitting on their tires.
- Military ID
- Deployment Orders
- Credit Card with your name on it
- Vehicle Registration with your name on it
- Current Proof of Insurance with your name on it
- Keys to door, ignition, and any anti-theft device (alarm remote, etc.)
- Advanced payment required for 6 months (length of deployment), and a credit card on file for Auto-Debit Billing, which will only take effect if your deployment goes beyond 6 months.
- Deployment storage applies only to POV’s. It does not include trailers, boats, RVs, or other items.
- Storage of joint ownership property is authorized only with immediate family members or next of kin with Power of Attorney.
- Your vehicle can only be stored or removed by you or someone that is your Power of Attorney.
- We will store one additional vehicle for dependent spouses of deployed Service Members at the same rate with all the same requirements.
- Vehicle must be currently registered, insured, and operational.
- All vehicles are to be stored sitting on their tires - You are not allowed to put your vehicle up on blocks.
- Storage agreement paperwork will be initiated / completed only when the vehicle is stored. Due to peak storage times allow 30 minutes to store your vehicle. Paperwork usually takes 5-10 minutes.
- We will disconnect the vehicle battery upon storage.
- We will also reconnect the battery, jump start and air up tires as necessary upon removal.
- We do not periodically start or maintain the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is going to be covered with a car cover, extra tie downs are necessary to make sure it stays on. We do not take any responsibility for car covers.
- Vehicle's fuel tank should be stored FULL of stabilized fuel (follow product directions).
- Place an opened box of fabric softener sheets or moth balls in the engine compartment to deter rodent activity.
- Close all interior vents and windows and with your hands make sure all doors, hatches.
Recreation Checkout has everything necessary to enhance family days or unit events, all at no cost to you: inflatable jump houses, sumo suit games, E-Z UP canopies, coolers, towable propane and charcoal barbecues (with or without electric rotisserie), and non-towable griddles.
Connect with your Deployment Readiness Coordinator or Unit Readiness Coordinator in order to reserve your equipment. All Units reach out to their assigned Deployment Readiness Coordinator (DRC). Available gear for Units to review is found above. The DRC will fill out the unit gear request form and contract (found on above website) and will submit them to their respective M&FP Coordinator. All Unit requests are placed on reserve at that time and reservations are made 30-days out as first come, first serve. Request agreement is between Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS), Marine Corps Base (MCB), Camp Pendleton, California, and the undersigned Uniformed/Deployment Readiness Coordinator (U/DRC) for the temporary loan of the Unit Gear.
- Gear can be picked up at 11am and must be returned by 9:30am.
- If a unit returns gear late, the unit will be put on a no use restriction for a 30 day period.
- If a unit returns gear late, causing another unit to miss their reservation, the late unit will be put on a no use restriction for 60 days.
- Any replacement costs for missing parts/pieces, and/or any damaged equipment will be charged to the respective U&FRF cost center.
- Recreation Checkout will not accept any form of payment from a Service Member or U/DRC's private bank account or insurance carrier.
- Recreation Checkout will send an invoice for payment to the U/DRC prior to charging the unit cost center.
- Unit gear can only be picked up and returned Mon-Fri. Upon return, the unit's working party will be required to set-up, clean, inspect, and put away the equipment. See the unit gear request forms for further details.
- Units will not be held liable for broken or non-functioning equipment when the defect is caused by normal wear and tear.
- The DRC does not have to be present to pick up or drop off gear.
- The unit POC for pick-up and drop-off are expected to inspect the equipment along with a Recreation Checkout Staff member.
- The pick-up POC for the units will have discretion to not accept gear that is not in good condition or not functioning properly.
- The DRC is ultimately responsible for the proper and timely pick-up, return, care of, and accountability of the equipment.
- The Unit Commander and U/DRC are responsible for the safety of anyone using the equipment.
- Recreation Checkout cannot be held liable for injuries or mishaps that occur during the use of loaned gear.
- It is incumbent upon the U/DRC to ensure that Service Members utilizing their POVs for pick-up or drop off have current registration, insurance and license.
- The undersigned U/DRC, on behalf of the respective unit, agrees to accept financial responsibility for all equipment returned late, missing parts/pieces, or damaged and in need of repair.
- Other equipment is available at a cost – please refer to our current price list and coordinate with your U/DRC for specific pricing, availability, and process.
General Rental Policies
- Authorized patrons include Retirees, Active Duty Service Members, 100% Disabled Veterans, DoD Personnel, and their adult dependents (18 years and older).
- Payment, in full, is due at the time of reservation. If equipment is picked up early, all advance fees are due at the time of pick-up.
- If equipment is returned late, a late fee payment, in full, is due at the time of drop off.
- Patrons are responsible for loading and unloading their equipment. Recreation Checkout does not take responsibility for damage to vehicles.
- Prices do not include cleaning (except sleeping bags). All equipment must be returned in a clean and working condition.
- Items may be reserved in person up to one month in advance (example: reserve on May 10th for June 10th) or by phone if we have served you before. Lost and found items will be held for 14 days and then discarded. Recreation Checkout does not take responsibility for contacting patrons concerning lost and found items.
- Cancellations must be made prior to 48 hours of pickup. Cancellations made within 48 hours of pickup will be subject to a fee of 25% of the total cost.
- In addition to general rental policies. Insurance, military ID, and driver’s license for the driver of the tow vehicle must be current. The tow vehicle must be equipped with a 2" ball hitch and flat 4-prong light connector.
- We reserve the right to not hook up a trailer to any hitch that is not correctly rated or appears to be unsafe. If you are uncertain, please ask one of our staff members to inspect your hitch prior to reserving your trailer.
Inflatable Jumper Rentals
- In addition to the general rental policies, it is the patron's responsibility to safely load, unload, and transport a 200-600lb jumper. We reserve the right to not allow a jumper to be loaded if an unsafe condition exists.
- SILLY STRING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. It adheres to the surface of the jumper and in some cases can render the jumper damaged beyond repair. If you return a jumper with silly string residue, you could be liable for the replacement cost of the jumper or pay a cleaning fee.
- Do not allow jumpers to get wet. Wet jumpers require two days of drying time. If you return a jumper wet, you will be charged an additional two days of rental fees. *Does not apply to wet slides. If your jumper is returned excessively dirty, you will be contacted to pay a cleaning fee of one additional rental day.
|Party||Rates (per day)|
|BBQ Charcoal Pit 19"x32" cooking area||$15.94|
|BBQ Charcoal Trailer 32"x70" cooking area; trailer policies apply||$79.69|
|Bocce Ball 4-player set||$7.97|
|Dunk Tank not allowed to leave Camp Pendleton; trailer policies apply||$79.69|
|Flag Football cones, football, flags||$23.91|
|Fry Grill 20"x36" cooking area, with propane||$39.84|
|Fry Grill - Large 20"x72" cooking area, with propane||$79.69|
|Gas Grill - Small 16"x32" cooking area, with propane||$39.84|
|Gas Grill - Medium 16"x49" cooking area, with propane||$55.78|
|Gas Grill - Large 16"x65" cooking area, with propane||$79.69|
|Gas Grill Tow Trailer 16"x64" cooking area, with propane||$79.69|
|Gas Smoker Tow Trailer 24"x60" cooking area, with propane; trailer policies apply||$79.69|
|Holiday Costumes available Feb 29-Apr 29, Aug 31-Dec 31||$31.31 - $43.78|
|Inflatable Jumpers||$79.69 - $239.06|
|Softball 12 gloves, 2 bats, 10 balls||$23.91|
|Space Heater – Formal with 5G propane tank: +$25.50||$79.69|
|Space Heater – Standard with 5G propane tank: +$25.50||$24.48|
Rental Period: 12am-12am
|Party||Rates (per day)|
|Camp Chef - 1 burner with propane||$15.94|
|Camp Chef - 2 burner with propane||$23.91|
|Canopy E-Z Up 10'x10', free-standing||$23.91|
|Chair brown, plastic/metal, folding||$0.80|
|Chair white, plastic/metal, folding||$1.59|
|Chair white, plastic, folding||$2.39|
|Chair white, plastic with padded seat||$2.39|
|Table - 6'x30" seats 6 to 8||$6.38|
|Table - 8'x30" seats 8 to 10||$6.38|
|Table - 48" Round, seats 4 to 6||$6.38|
|Table - 60" Round, seats 6 to 8||$6.38|
|Length||Rates (per month)|
Prices are subject to change.
- Enclosed motorcycle storage
- All standard storage guidelines and procedures apply
- All dimensions listed are interior
|Dimensions||Rates (per month)|
|54" x 90" 104 inches diagonal||$30.60|
|118" X 88" 176 inches diagonal||$35.60|
|Backpacking||Rates (per day)|
|Sleeping Mat Therm-A-Rest||$7.97|
|Stove MSR Pocket Rocket||$11.16|
|Camping / Miscellaneous||Rates (per day)|
|Ball Basketball or Football||$1.59|
|Camp Stove propane not included||$3.19|
|Camp Grill propane not included||$3.19|
|Hand Truck 2 wheel appliance dolly with strap||$12.75|
|Horseshoe Set 4 shoes, 2 stakes||$7.97|
|Ice Chest 40 qt.||$2.39|
|Ice Chest 80 qt. Engel||$11.16|
|Ice Chest 100 qt.||$4.78|
|Kayak single or double||$55.78|
|Lantern propane not included||$3.19|
|Life Vest (adult or child)||$3.19|
|Propane Tank Refill||$3.83|
|Tent 4-person dome style||$7.97|
|Tent 6-person dome style||$11.16|
|Tent 8-person dome style||$14.34|
|Tent EZ-CUBE Fits inside a straight leg 10'x10' canopy||$15.94|
|Tug-of-War Rope 4-way||$6.38|
|Volleyball & Net poles not included||$3.19|
|Trailers||Rates (per day)|
|Car Dolly fits most cars||$55.78|
|Cargo - 4'x8'* 24" sides||$15.94|
|Cargo - 5'x8'* 24" sides||$23.91|
|Cargo - 5'x10'* 12" sides||$23.91|
|Cargo - 6'x10'* 12" sides||$31.31|
|Cargo - 6'x10'* 24" sides||$31.31|
|Cargo - 6'x10'* 53" sides, tandem axles||$31.31|
|Cargo - 6'x12'*||$31.31|
|Cargo - 7'x12'*||$39.06|
|Cargo - 7'x14'*||$39.06|
|Draw Bar class III with 2" ball||$15.94|
|Enclosed - 6'x12'*||$31.31|
|Motorcycle dirt bike, tie-downs not included||$15.94|
|Motorcycle street bike, tie-downs not included||$31.31|
|Inflatable||Size||Weight||Rates (per day)|
|Batman||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Frozen||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Hello Kitty||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|The Little Mermaid||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|The Lion King||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Pirates of the Caribbean||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Spongebob Squarepants||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Superman||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Toy Story||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Winnie the Pooh||13' x 13'||200 lbs.||$79.69|
|Brave Knight||15'x 15'||250 lbs.||$103.59|
|The Incredibles||15'x 15'||250 lbs.||$103.59|
|Mickey Park||15'x 15'||250 lbs.||$103.59|
|Shrek||15'x 15'||250 lbs.||$103.59|
|Batman w/ Slide||20' x 16'||300 lbs.||$119.53|
|Disney Fairies w/ Slide||20' x 16'||300 lbs.||$119.53|
|Little Pirates||22' x 11' x 12'||200 lbs.||$119.53|
|Obstacle Course – Small||30' x 15' x 15'||260 lbs.||$119.53|
|Slide||30' x 15' x 20'||375 lbs.||$119.53|
|Cars Combo||18' x 19' x 16'||368 lbs.||$159.38|
|Castle Combo||18' x 19' x 16'||380 lbs.||$159.38|
|Princess Palace||16' x 19' x 11'||250 lbs.||$159.38|
|Frozen Combo||18' x 19' x 16'||368 lbs.||$159.38|
|Joust Ring||20' x 20'||400 lbs.||$159.38|
|Lil' Kahuna Wet Slide||19' x 10'||170 lbs.||$119.53|
|California Wave Slip & Slide||35' x 11' 8'||200 lbs.||$159.38|
|Hazardous Rapids Slip & Slide||30' x 10'||250 lbs.||$159.38|
|Jungle Run Double Wet Slide||35' x 11'||530 lbs.||$239.06|
|Batman Challenge||31' x 16' x 17'||485 lbs.||$239.06|
|Combo Challenge||15' x 19' x 16'||325 lbs.||$159.38|