Join us for a 4-mile challenging trail run on the Chappo foothills of Camp Pendleton. The run features an out-and-back course with a 2-mile hill climb to the Radar Refreshment Tower. Test your fitness and conquer the Tower.
Run to the Radar™is the second race of the 2024 Tactical Triad™.
All runners who complete in Heartbreak Ridge®, Run to the Radar™ and Buffalo Alley™ (Sept 28), will receive a custom Tactical Triad medal.
Online pre-registration recommended.
Day-of accepted if space is available.
If available, day of registration and T-shirts +$5
Registration opens March 5 at 9:00am.
Run to the Radar is open to everyone with the following stipulations:
- Those without base access must arrange to be escorted in on race morning by an authorized base patron.
- Please do not register for the run unless this requirement has been coordinated. Patrons who do not make arrangements to enter Camp Pendleton will be turned away and no refund will be issued.
$15 Active Duty
$30 MIL Dependents/MIL Retirees
$45 General Public
$15 Pre-order online Run to the Radar Race T-shirt
+$5 Day-of registration and t-shirt sales
7:30am – Check-In and Venue Opens
8:30am – Run Start
9:30am – Top-3 M/F awards ceremony
This race will not be timed. We will have a running clock for you to check your time as you cross the finish line. Awards will be given to the top three M/F finishers.
Las Pulgas Entrance (I-5 Southbound)
Take the Las Pulgas exit and head east towards the Las Pulgas gate.
Continue for four miles on Las Pulgas Road then turn right at Basilone Road.
Turn right at Vandegrift, then left at 11th Street, and follow the signs to the race venue.
Main Gate Entrance (I-5 Northbound)
Take the Camp Pendleton exit.
Enter the main gate and continue on Vandegrift for eight miles until you reach Camp Chappo.
Turn right at 11th Street and follow the signs to the race venue.
- 13+ age limit (for safety, please adhere to the age limit).
- No headphones/ear buds allowed.
- No strollers due to rough terrain.
- Event is held rain or shine (unless deemed unsafe).
- Pendleton Races has the right to modify the course if necessary for safety or base training exercises.
- Course closes at 10:15am.
Stay connected and share your Run to Radar experience with us.