Frequently Asked Questions
When can I make a reservation?
Reservations will be taken up to 3 months in advance, including the current month:
- 1st Week (Days 1-7) – Active Duty Military
- 2nd Week (Days 8-14) – Reservists & Retired Military
- 3rd Week (Days 15+) – All Eligible Patrons (DOD, Eligible Veterans & Group Bookings)
When is payment due for my reservation?
A deposit of one night’s rent is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due in full, 14 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. If payment is unsuccessful, your reservation will be canceled.
Are there any other fees?
Yes. A $3 nightly pet fee is applied to all campers lodging with pets in their campsite, max of 2 pets per site. A $25 nightly pet fee is applied to all guests reserved in a pet-friendly villa/cottage, max of 2 pets per site. Additional tent fees and roll-away bed fees apply. For more information, speak with Guest Services at your lodging location.
If lodging in a pet-friendly villa or camping please be advised of the restricted breeds aboard MCB, Camp Pendleton: Full or mixed breeds of Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, and Candid/Wolf Hybrids or any dog with at least 50 percent ancestry of one of the above breeds. Ref: MCO P11000.22.ch. 6 DTD 11 Aug 09
Can I cancel or modify my reservation?
- You may cancel your reservation up to 31 days prior to arrival at no penalty.
- Cancellations made to reservations less than 31 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of the deposit of one night’s stay.
- Modifications will be accepted up to 15 days prior at no penalty. If you request to modify your reservation within 14 days of your scheduled arrival date, you will lose your deposit of one night’s stay.
- Patrons traveling on official government orders (TAD/PCS) may cancel or modify at no penalty – proof of orders must be received prior to cancellation.
How many campsites or cottages can I book in one stay?
You may book up to two (2) reservations in one stay. Two RV/campsites, two cottages/villas, or a combination totaling two reservations.
How long can I book a reservation?
- Summer (Apr – Oct): Patrons may book an initial reservation for a maximum of 15 nights and may book additional nights if availability permits at check-in, not to exceed 30 nights.
- Winter (Nov – Mar): Patrons may book an initial reservation for a maximum of 30 nights and may book additional nights if availability permits at check-in, not to exceed 60 nights.
- Year-round: Patrons may book an initial reservation for a maximum of 7 nights. Patrons may extend additional nights if availability permits at check-in, not to exceed 14 nights
* Advanced reservations cannot be booked consecutively to exceed the maximum number of nights per reservation.